I phoned my Rheumatologist’s secretary earlier to let them know that I was going downhill a bit and having all this inflammation in my left arm – the elbow is still locked and won’t bend or straighten, shoulder won’t budge, wrist is burning and my fingers look like little sausages that I have to stretch open myself if I keep my hand too still. In a way I’m glad it’s localised to this one limb right now at least, although the pain is getting worse, to the point that I see stars if I try to face my palm up ( I know… so don’t even try?!)
Anyway, the good news! She told me that the funding for the Abatacept has finally been approved so now all I need is to wait for a letter from the ward with a date to start. Hopefully, I’ll be able to fit in two infusions before my friend’s wedding on July 2nd and (if it works, fingers crossed it will!) be well enough to enjoy it without constantly pacing myself as much as I am right now.
I also spoke to my Rheumy about the above problems and he suggested I increase the dreaded Prednisolone to 15mg and if that didn’t help over the weekend he would fit me in his clinic on Monday or Wednesday. I feel lucky that I have such a good Rheumy; he’s always quick to respond and never leaves me hanging like I know some do. In fact the whole team of people that look after me there are great, which is why I’m happy to travel so far to see them.
Back to waiting I guess but at least this time I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel 🙂