I just received this article in my inbox.
Basically it says that approval has been taken away for the use of Abatacept / Orencia in the UK as a treatment for RA and even goes on to say that:
‘patients currently receiving abatacept for treating rheumatoid arthritis should be allowed to continue therapy until they and their clinicians consider it appropriate to stop.’
I was supposed to be starting this next Thursday. I have been waiting since January for funding approval etc and only got it this month, now it could all have been for nothing and I might have to go through the same again to get funding for another drug…
Maybe I’m jumping to conclusions and should wait to see what the hospital says, if anything – there could be a loop hole since my diagnosis is Still’s Disease, not RA.
Still feel a bit disheartened though,