Not much to report on the personal front, apart from the fact that the hospital called me to postpone my Surgery until Friday 26th August. I’m not sure if this is a good idea or not, since I want to heal in plenty of time for New York, plus I also have reservations about it being the day after my Orencia infusion. I’d ring my consultant for advice but he is still on holiday, so I’ll have to see what the GP says. I also need to see what I do about the antibiotics too, since I will finish them over a week before the operation date now.
I finally decided to start working on the ‘Treatment’ section of the blog today. I hope to eventually cover all of the treatment options for Still’s Disease, with personal accounts of those that I have had experience with; I’d also invite anyone reading to share their own experiences of each drug in their individual comments section.
The first treatment I’ve put up is Naproxen, because that is often the first drug doctors prescribe when there are signs of joint pain and inflammation. Please let me know if you think I’ve missed anything out and keep watching for further treatments – I’ll try and post each time I update them.
Now I’m off to put my feet up and watch Season of the Witch on dvd; pyjamas at the ready!