Just a quick update on what happened with the GP yesterday, regarding the antibiotics MAU gave me for my “Kidney Infection”. Unable to get out to the GP surgery itself, I managed to speak to him over the phone about my concerns that the antibiotic Trimethoprim had made me violently sick the other day. I basically wanted to know if he thought it was the antibiotic and if so, was there a different one (that I’d had before) I could take instead.
The first thing he commented on was that he was surprised I had a Kidney Infection; he had taken numerous urine samples in the weeks leading up to me finally going to hospital, including 2 days before, and all had been clear. I told him that I’d also had a clear sample earlier in the morning at A&E and you know what his opinion was? That they were simply confused by my symptoms and decided to treat what diagnosis they ‘fit’ best so they could move on to the next patient. He admitted that he was baffled by the symptoms too, but that with my medical history, he would have erred on the side of caution and run more tests/observations until my Rheumatologist returned.
Anyway, those things aside, he wants me to continue with the Trimethoprim as there are no other antibiotics I can take that treat Kidney Infection and the risk of infection is much greater than the risk of me being sick, no matter how violently. He did prescribe me some Buccastem, which are supposed to help nausea and sickness and I already take Metaclopromide, which should help too.
I took a tablet last night and one this morning and have been okay so far. I think tonight will be the decisive point though as it was after a day and a half / three tablets that I started to feel unwell last time. Hopefully, it will just have been a coincidence and I’ve nothing to worry about. I just need to keep myself going until Monday, when I can speak to my Rheumy again.
Still no news from the Professor.